Though the holidays are here already, there’s a good chance you probably still have lots of to-dos on your list, from sending greeting cards and giving holiday tips to wrapping last-minute gifts and gathering together kid-friendly winter break activities.
If that’s the case, you’re in luck. For today’s hint, I’ve rounded up some of my most popular holiday hints in hopes of making your winter break go a bit more smoothly. And as a bonus, I’ve also thrown in some clever holiday tips from around the Web. So, grab some eggnog and a cookie, sit back and enjoy the reading material below. Happy Holidays.
Keep your little ones safe:
Holiday “thank you” inspiration:
- An etiquette expert’s holiday tipping guide for parents
- Go for a family thank you card
- Turn kids’ drawings into easy DIY thank you notes
Easy ways to entertain the kids:
- Turn wrapping presents into a kid-friendly activity
- A reminder to save those holiday boxes
- How to turn holiday cards into a game
Save on holiday cards:
Be merry for less:
- Three creative strategies for cutting holiday season childcare costs
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve without a babysitter
Holiday link love:
- Crazy easy Christmas cookie recipes & a clever cookie shortcut (via Cool Mom Picks)
- Color code kids’ gifts, make gift tags from last year’s holiday cards & other smart tips (via Rookie Moms)
- How to baby-proof Christmas (via BabyCenter)
- Gifts that cost $9.99 and under, and a gift-basket approach to giving (via The Lovely Sisters)
- Five overlooked holiday moments you should photograph this year (via 5 Minutes for Mom)
- Ghosts of Christmas past holiday hacks, including easy gift wrap ideas (via Baby Toolkit)
For even more help this holiday season, check out all my holiday hints here. What’s your best holiday-season hint for parents? Share it below.